1. My hair is a disaster. I had it cut two weeks ago, and it’s already a mess. Also it is longer on one side than on the other, which makes me crazy. I think I need to change stylists, AGAIN, which REALLY makes me crazy.
2. On Sunday, we put mulch in the flower beds, over the flowers we planted on Saturday. I wound up with a wee sliver of redwood mulch in my finger, which REALLY hurt. Today it worked its way out and now my finger is fine. The human body is an amazing thing, you know.
3. Charlie has had at least one gigantic sobbing meltdown every day for nearly a week. I think he’s had it with the broken arm and the strep and the itching and the medicine and the missing school. And while I wish he would stop crying about his PANTS already, I feel for him; I would like to lie down and cry about my hair, for example (see #1).
4. My birthday weekend was lovely, clouded only by intermittent moments of badly behaved children, which is pretty much the norm around here. But the entire quart of Thai peanut chicken salad that I ate made it all better.
5. I’m getting a new camera! Probably a Cannon Rebel, unless anyone has any other suggestions. It needs to be very VERY simple to use and VERY easy to carry, because I am a delicate flower with a short attention span. And a limited budget. Just so you know.
And if you have any ideas about my hair, I would love to hear those, too.
Today is Tuesday, which means that while I was worrying about my hair and marvelling at the fact that my body PUSHED OUT A WOOD CHIP, I was also writing about other things, like what to wear to a new job and why the white handbag is the Perfect Bag for Summer. Go, read! You might learn something.